Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.genuine-adventures.com
Genuine Adventures operates as a sole trader under the name Daniel Baines (Founder).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Any service or product purchases through this website will collect relevant billing information including billing addresses and card/payment information .
When visitors interact with any Contact Forms on the site we collect the data shown in the Contact Form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you contact us through a Contact Form on this website, the details submitted are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise any follow-up correspondence automatically.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have used a Contact Form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Genuine Adventures shares your personal data internally and with selected third-parties. For example, we share your personal data with third-party service providers, other third parties, as well as in case of business transfers or legal disclosure.
Genuine Adventures shares your data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers. In order to carry out your requests, respond to your enquiries, fulfill your orders, honour gift vouchers, enable you to participate in third-party activities or make various other features, services and materials available to you through our website. We share your personal data with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that:
- Host or operate Genuine Adventures website, process payments, analyse data, provide customer service, postal or delivery services, and sponsors or other third-parties that participate in or administer our promotions. They have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Other third-parties. Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers.
- Business Transfers. Your personal data will be used by us or shared with Genuine Adventures for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to Genuine Adventures website, your personal data will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding is brought by or against us, all such personal data will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third-parties.
- Legal Disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To verify or enforce our “Terms and Conditions” or other applicable policies;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To respond to an emergency; or otherwise
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to Exmoor Adventures website, Exmoor Adventures, or the public.
How we protect your data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest IT environment security ensuring we encrypt, and anonymise personal data wherever possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third-parties.
What third parties we receive data from
This website has the ability to RSVP to events listed. All Calendar data is handled by Google. When an RSVP is submitted, Google will ask you for your Google Account (if any). If you login to your Google Account and complete the RSVP process, Exmoor Adventures will receive some personal information from Google such as Name, Email Address, and Profile Picture (if any).
Exmoor Adventures does not keep, or copy any of this accessible information.